The projector is a lightweight, portable device that supports WI-FI and Bluetooth. These projectors are bought or hired to browse the Internet, listen to music, socialize with friends, broadcast gaming sessions, and use streaming video services like Netflix and Hulu.
Though projectors can be rented or bought for many purposes, broadcasting games on a projector would be a lasting experience.
To broadcast games on a LED projector, one has to connect PlayStation to the projector.
If you are new to the projectors’ world(though this is nearly impossible), it must not be kept a secret that PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 can be connected to the projector. Yes, Even Playstation 5. However, connecting PlayStation 5 to a projector can be a bit tricky.
If you do not want to get out of your comfort zone, PlayStation 4 and a projector would make a fine pair.
Moreover, PlayStation 4 or PS4 is an affordable gaming console so why not? It hardly takes a minute or two and you are ready to have a lasting experience of your life.
Want to try? Well, the method of connecting a PlayStation 4 and a projector is fairly simple. Here’s what you have to do;
How to Connect a PS4 and a Projector with a Wire?
To connect PS4 to a projector you need 10 to 15 feet of HDMI cable, a Playstation 4, and a Projector.
The projector can be with or without an HDMI port. However, it is better to connect Playstation 4 with a projector with an HDMI port. To connect the PS4 to the projector with HDMI Port
1. Unpack the HDMI cable
Peel off the packing and take out the HDMI cable
2. Switch off the devices
Before even attempting to connect PS4 and Projector, switch off the devices
3. Spot the HDMI port
Since you are connecting the projector and PS4 for the first time, find the HDMI port on both devices
4. Connect the devices via HDMI cable
Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the projector and another end to the PS4
5. Turn on the devices and play with the settings
Switch on both projector and the PS4, go to your projector’s OSD menu to get the PS4 content displayed, choose the appropriate HDMI source from the options, and enjoy.
If the projector does not have an HDMI port you need
- A suitable adapter
- VGA cable
- Get an adapter – You can not pick any adapter you have for the job. Most of the time in this situation an HDMI to VGA adapter comes to rescue
- Find the ports – Even if you are connecting the devices through an adapter, you have to find relevant ports. So, find the relevant ports to move ahead
- Connect – Establish a connection between the two devices by plugging in one end of the VGA cable to the projector and another to the HDMI to VGA adapter, connect the adapters into the PS4’s appropriate port making sure the pins are perfectly lined up and the screws are tightened up
- Switch on the devices to broadcast your favorite game – Now that the connection is established, switch on the device, play with settings, and broadcast your favorite game.
How to Connect a PS4 and a Projector Wireless?
The projector and the PS4 can be connected wirelessly as well. To connect the two devices wirelessly you would need;
- Aries Prime Transmitter
- Receiver by Nyrius.
- HDMI cable
- Open the package – Unpack the Aries Prime Transmitter, the receiver, and the micro USB adapter
- Read the manual – Take a look at the manual as it is always the best guide
- Establish a connection between the adapter and the receiver – To move forward with the plan, connect the micro USB adapter to the receiver following the guide
- Power up the receiver – Plug the adapter into the power source
- Connect the HDMI cable – Take out the HDMI cable and connect one end to the receiver and the other end to the projector
- Spot the Input search button – Find and press the input search button, and select HDMI
- Connect the transmitter – Connect your micro USB with the transmitter and the PS4 and plug the transmitter in the HDMI port to get done
Congratulations! The devices are connected. You can now broadcast any game and enjoy it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should you connect or not connect PS4 and a projector?
You should connect PS4 and projector to have an immersive viewing screen and graphics quality.
Read also: D-Box Vs IMAX
Can you connect PS4 to the projector?
Yes, you can connect PS4 to the both newest and older projectors. The devices can be connected via wires or wirelessly without any hassle.
Read also: Cinemark Vs AMC