As the world is moving towards advancement, we are trying to eliminate as many wired connections as we can.
Fortunately, all the electronic devices that are connected to a projector can be connected via wires or wirelessly(if the projector and the electronic device support wireless connections).
Well, speakers and DVD players are not the only electronic devices that need to be connected to the projectors frequently. Sometimes we have to connect our phones as well.
Since we live in a modern world, who would prefer connecting phones via wire when you can do the job wirelessly.
Fortunately, you have a million ways to connect your Android phone to a projector wirelessly. Here are the few common ones;
Connecting using Chromecast
Chromecast is a product of Google. It is made to offer a wireless solution to the problem. To connect your phone to a projector here is what you have to do;
- Get a Chromecast adapter
- Switch on your projector
- Connect the Chromecast to your projectors using the HDMI port
- Now plug the power cord in the projector’s USB port
- Download and launch the Good Home app
- Connect the Chromecast to your phone as well
- Find and tap the “cast” button in the program you are using. There, you are done.
Connecting Using Anycast dongle
Frankly, it is not possible for each one of us to afford advanced projectors. Connecting the old worthy movie projectors to modern devices can be a bit tricky as well.
There are some hacks that are proven quite helpful; Anycast dongle is one of them. If you are struggling to connect an old projector to your phone wirelessly, there may not be an any better option.
To connect your phone and projector, here is what you are supposed to be doing;
- Buy a dongle and a cable with a Wifi receiver
- Find the HDMI port and plug the dongle into it
- Now take the cable with Wifi receiver and plug it into the dongle
- Plug the USB end to the projector to power up the dongle
- Switch on the projector
- Look for the Anycast dashboard
- Turn on your phone’s wifi connection
- Connect it to Anycast
- Enter the password to connect to the Anycast device. You would find the password written on the Anycast dashboard
- Go to the screencast setting on your phone
- Connect the Anycast device to get done
- Congratulations! In a few seconds, you will have your phone connected to the projector wirelessly.
Connecting Using Miracast
Miracast is a media-streaming device that has recently gained popularity for various reasons. It is specifically made to send media from your phone to a bigger screen; projectors. Miracast is simple, fun, and easy to use.
However, to get benefited from this forgiving invention, your phone and projector have to support Miracast.
- Turn on your project and plugin Miracrast adapter to the HDMI port
- Connect the power cord to the projector’s USB port
- Take a deep breath you need to take one more step
- Tap the “cast” button and connect your phone to the Miracast
- Ta-da Your job is done
Connecting Using ApowerMirror
Well, it must not be left unsaid that ApowerMirror is the easiest, cheapest, yet secure way to connect your phone to a projector wirelessly. The only drawback of this method is that to connect a phone wirelessly you have to connect your laptop and a projector using a wired connection.
- Turn on your projector and laptop/desktop and connect the two using wired connection
- Now install and launch the ApowerMirror app on your laptop/desktop and your phone
- Connect your phone and laptop using the same Wifi
- Mirror the laptop’s screen to your phone and get all the control.