Looking for a 4K projector? Not finding an economical option? Well, it happens. The 4K projectors are usually expensive, therefore finding an economical yet suitable 4K projector can get tiring. Most options are expensive, however, the market still has some economical yet worthy options. Here are some worth considering 4K projectors that you can get for under $1500;
Best 4K Projector Under 1500
Highly recommended options
- Best Overall: Optoma True 4K UHD Gaming Projector
- Easy to use: BenQ 4K HDR Gaming Projector with Game Modes
- Portable: XGIMI Mini 1080p 4K Supported Movie Projector
- Multi-Purpose: BenQ Store 4K UHD Home Theater Projector
Highly economical yet reliable options
- Clear: Viewsonic 4K UHD Home Theater Movie Projector
- Cheap: ARTlii 4K Supported Outdoor Projector
1. Optoma True 4K UHD Gaming Projector
Optoma is a well-known brand that has never disappointed us with its products. Therefore, this projector would surely serve you well.
This projector holds the first position on my list because of several legitimate reasons, a few are given below;
The Optoma true 4K is made to deliver the brightest picture whether it’s a light-controlled environment or not.
The projector features 4000 lumens, therefore it is 2x brighter than the regular 2000 lumens projectors.
The 4000 lumens make it bright enough to be perfect for gaming and movie theaters.
This 4K projector is not only the brightest, it happens to have impressive lamp life as well.
To be more specific, it enables you to enjoy gaming for up to 15000 hours without requiring a lamp replacement. In other words, you can game or watch movies for up to 2 hours for the coming 10+ years.
This 4K projector has all qualities to serve as a gaming projector. It is bright enough to focus on the smallest details and comes with an enhanced gaming mode.
With the enhanced gaming mode, you can enjoy lightning-fast input response up to 4.2ms at 1080p, and embrace 4K UHD on the latest gaming consoles.
- Impressive contrast ratio; 100,000:1
- Bright and deliver vivid, cinematic colors
- Can be used in all sorts of favorable and unfavorable environments; living room, game room, bedroom
- Offers a variety of input options; gaming consoles, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices, Blu-ray players, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick & other streaming devices
- A bit tricky to set up
2. BenQ 4K HDR Gaming Projector with Game Modes
BenQ happens to be worthy enough to hold a second position on this recommendation list.
Like the above-mentioned 4K supported projector, it has all the qualities a good projector should have and is listed with great details.
Easy to mount
After finding a quality projector, people often struggle with mounting or setting up the projector.
This BenQ 4K HDR gaming projector is designed to eliminate the after-sale hassle. It has mounting holes that assist in mounting the projector to perfection easily.
Black detail Enhancement
One more best part of this projector deal is that the projector focuses on black detail enhancement.
It focuses on the smallest details without compromising the color performance. So, with BenQ 4K HDR gaming projector expects to map out danger quite faster than the regular projector.
Supports bigger screen
Since the projector is bright and has a high contrast ratio, it can be used to light up bigger screens. The three most suitable screen sizes are; 100, 120, and 150″.
The projector has all the qualities gamers usually look for. Therefore, it can be said that this 4K supported projector is specifically designed for gaming. Since it does not have Android TV, people hardly consider it for home theater purposes.
- Features 3200 lumens
- Delivers balanced brightness and color saturation
- Highly compatible with consoles (Sony PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Series S), Google stadia, and external audio systems
- Supports large-sized screen
- It does not have Android TV
3. XGIMI Mini 1080p 4K Supported Movie Projector
XGIMI mini projector might be small but it’s mighty. Therefore, I considered including it in my recommendations. Want to know why you should consider it as well? Well, if not more, for the following three reasons;
Cinematic display and sound
The most promising part of the deal is that the projector delivers cinematic pictures and sound. So, with this ultra-lightweight and small projector, you can get the movie theater feel while sitting in the comfort of your home.
Bright, portable, and reliable
The XGIMI projector is bright enough to work in almost all sorts of favorable and unfavorable environments.
Other than being bright, it is highly portable as well. So, it allows you to use, transport, and store easily.
The projector features MEMC technology; an advanced technology that delivers an impressive 60 Hz motion compensation and low latency rates. Therefore, if we judge the projector by its image quality, I concluded it to be best for gaming purposes.
- No blur or poor picture quality
- Supports wireless casting
- Small enough to fit in a backpack
- Supports 20″ to 300″ image size
- Suitable for all mounting types; Ceiling/Tripod/Floor/Table/Wall
- Easy and fast setup
- Can not be hooked up to cable or satellite directly
4. BenQ Store 4K UHD Home Theater Projector
This BenQ 4K UHD home theater projector with HDR and HLG is another highly reliable option that is being sold for under $1500. So, I should not be depriving it of the well-deserved position.
Impressive brightness, high contrast ratio
There are a lot of things a projector should be good at. However, most importantly it has to be bright and have a high contrast ratio.
Fortunately, the BenQ 4K UHD home theater projector is bright and has a pretty high contrast ratio. Therefore, it can be considered and bought if your budget does not allow you to go above $1500.
Since the BenQ is designed to serve several purposes, therefore it is compatible with a lot of devices.
To be more specific, these devices are laptops, game consoles, Amazon fire tv sticks, Chromecast, Roku, Apple tv, set-top box, digital camera, and Blueray/DVD player. Isn’t it a lot more than you expected from a projector under $1500?
The projector has been defined as a “movie theatre projector” by the company. However, the specs allow it to be equally suitable for gaming and a few other purposes as well.
- Features 8.3 distinguishable pixels
- Supports 10″ to 11″, 10.9″ to 12″, 13.1″ to 14.4″, and 16.3″ to 17.9 projection distance
- Comes with manual, remote control, power cord, and a warranty card
- Easy to set up and use
- Works best only in a light-controlled room
5. Viewsonic 4K UHD Home Theater Movie Projector
Viewsonic has my heart because it is an amazing and economical deal. It is a multipurpose projector made to serve you for sports and Netflix.
If you are looking for a 4k projector that can be used in many ways, this might be an economical and highly suitable option.
Bright, clear, and sharp
Brightness alone can not produce a satisfactory image on the screen. The image has to be clear and sharp as well. Thanks to the 3200 lumens and 4K UHD resolution, this projector delivers a breathtaking bright, clear, and sharp image on the screen.
Offers multiple input slots
Most of us prefer a projector with multiple input options as it allows us to connect several devices at a time.
Fortunately, this Viewsonic projector has multiple input options; two HDMI, one USB, one Audio, and one Kingston lock slot.
For simplified streaming and next-level gaming
The Viewsonic projector is made to remove the hassle and simplify streaming and gaming. You can live stream your favorite sport, binge-watch Netflix, and disney+. The 4.2ms low input lag and 240Hz refresh rate ensure next-level gaming.
- Flexible set up
- Less power consumption
- Does not require a lamp replacement for up to 20,000 hours
- Delivers bright, clear, and sharp images whether it’s day or night
- Economical, reliable, and durable
- Not bright and detailed at the same time
6. ARTlii 4K Supported Outdoor Projector
ARTlii is a least known brand trying to make a mark in the projector’s world with some highly considerable options.
This ARTlii 4K supported outdoor projector is one of the few options that I liked for various reasons;
The company has tried to make this projector unique in every way possible. The projector comes in black color and has a unique design. If with amazing specs you look for a design as well, this is the best bet.
From the options given on this list, this ARTlii’s projector is the cheapest of them all. On Amazon, it is being sold at just $279.99. I must say, that’s the only 4K projector I found that happens to be that cheap.
Easy to connect, supports wired screen mirroring
The projector comes with a detailed user manual and is listed with great deals. The information provided online and in the user manual makes the projector easier to connect. Moreover, wired screen mirroring makes it more worthy.
- Pretty economical
- Just as reliable as the similar expensive options
- Advanccolourlor engine
- Impressive picture performance
- Equally suitable for both indoor and outdoor gaming
- Supports iOS and iPad wired screen mirroring, not suitable for Android devices
How to Find the Right 4K Projector?
Whenever you begin searching for an economical 4K projector, you first have to confirm whether the projector is 4K or not? If it is 4K, you can judge the projector by its price.
Besides 4K and the price tag, you have to make sure the projector is bright enough, has impressive lamp life, and is easier to install, use, and connect. Make sure the projector features 3000 to 4000 lumens and has 20,000 to 60,000 hours of lamp life.