It’s finally summer, the best time to make memories. We already are having pool parties. However, pool parties can not be as fun as camping trips with your friends. There is not anything more peaceful than exploring nature and watching your favorite movies with your favorite humans.
Therefore, it’s high time to text your friends and make a plan. It is believed that watching movies while camping would not be easy as you hardly have the access to the necessities.
However, the reality is quite opposite. Fortunately, we have opened our eyes to the world of advancement.
All we need is a good camping projector and a smartphone to watch our favorite movies on the big screen. Here are some most advanced camping-friendly options that you can choose from.
Best Projector for Camping Reviews
- Best Overall: Kodak Mini Pico Pocket Rechargeable Projector
- Lightweight:Luby Portable Movie Projector Camping Screen
- Portable: RCA Portable Home Theatre Entertainment System
- Brightest: Kecag Mini Portable Projector For Outdoor Entertainment
- Versatile: Aaxa Technologies Rechargeable Mini Projector
- Professional-grade: Aaxa Mini Projector With Battery
- Two-in-one solution: RCA DVD Player and Mini Projector
1. Kodak Mini Pico Pocket Rechargeable Projector
Kodak has been facilitating us in many ways. It has brought us some best cameras, projectors, printing, scanning, Audio visual accessories, and storage and power point solutions.
Since this post is about portable camping projector, we have tried to bring the relevant projector to limelight.
Easy to store and carry
This Kodak Mini projector is ultra small and thin. It is small and thin enough to fit into a pocket.
You will not be required to carry a bag or purse to carry the projector. Moreover, the projector would not require much space to store as well.
Preferable for professional and unprofessional purposes
This Kodak projector might be small however, it is as mighty as the full-sized projectors are.
It is bright, and vivid enough to be used for both professional and unprofessional purposes.
Can be connected to several devices
The said projector is forgiving enough to be connected to several devices at a time.
To be more specific, it can be a camera, storage drive, PC, laptop, and other such devices. The connection can be established using HDMI or Micro USB cables.
Read Complete Review: Kodak Luma 150 Projector
- Can be used for presentations, to view picture, watch videos, and movies
- Ensures crystal clear widescreen imaging
- Comes with an HDMI cable, micro USB cable, and a detailed guide
- Impressive battery life
- Plug and play design
- Delivers jitter-free visuals and exceptional contrast
- Copyrighted content can not be mirrored or screencast
2. Luby Portable Movie Projector Camping Screen
This Luby’s creation gets the first position on our list. The said movie projector is being recommended because it is specifically made for camping and outdoor use.
Therefore it has all the qualities people usually look for. If you are searching for a specific answer, this Luby’s portable movie projector is one fine option.
Impressive lamp life
Replacing the lamp every 2000 to 5000 hours can be a hassle. Fortunately, this Luby’s projector is made to rescue us from getting a replacement every other day.
The lamp used in this projector is powerful enough to keep lightning up the screen for up to 50,000 hours. Isn’t it amazing?
Comes with a projector screen
The other most convincing thing about this deal is that the projector comes with a screen.
You do not have to find a compatible screen. You are only required to pay for the projector, the screen is coming along free.
This Luby’s portable movie projector is truly versatile. The said projector has all the qualities to be used both indoors and outdoors. Therefore, it can be used for all typical projector purposes.
- Highly suitable for camping, backyard movie, and other outdoor activities
- Can project in 34 to 130 projection size
- Supports HDMI, USB, and VGA
- Comes with all necessities; AV sign cable, remote control, HDMI cable, power cable, and projector screen
- Can be connected to a smartphone, laptop, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and Wii
- Affordable, durable, and versatile
- Does not contain built-in speakers
3. RCA Portable Home Theatre Entertainment System
RCA does not need any introduction as this company has been serving us well for years.
The RCA products are known for durability, versatility, and affordable prices. Therefore, there are remote chances that this portable projector would be a disappointment.
HDMI is preferred over other types of connections for a variety of reasons; usually convenience.
Since most electronic devices that are connected to the projector support HDMI, the projector should also support HDMI.
Fortunately, this RCA projector supports HDMI. It has two HDMI ports therefore the projector can be connected to two devices without any hassle.
To be able to serve well, the projector is supposed to be bright. The brighter the screen, the better the image quality.
This RCA projector features 42 lumens of brightness. So, the color, brightness, and contrast level of this RCA projector are unmatchable.
Like most of the projectors on this list, this projector is portable as well. Its lightweight design and small size make the projector easy to store, carry and install.
Moreover, the portability allows you to enjoy movies almost everywhere, whether it’s your home or courtyard.
- Comes with a powerful built-in speaker
- The package also includes a remote control, user manual, and an A/C adapter
- The projector lamp happens to have impressive life; 30,000 hours
- Can be connected to a TV stick, gaming console, Chromecast, PCs, laptops, DVDs, and a lot of other devices
- Has two HDMI ports
- Can light up screen up to 150″
- Comes in only two colors
- Medicare design
4. Kecag Mini Portable Projector For Outdoor Entertainment
This Kecag mini portable projector has been recognized by Amazon as the ” Best Mini Portable Projector 1080p”. So, the product can be trusted and considered. Want to know what got this Kecag portable projector to Amazon’s choice?
Easy to install
This Kecag mini projector is designed and manufactured to facilitate the user in every way possible.
No assembly or any professional installation is required. It is small and compact enough to be placed on a tripod stand to light up the screen.
The projector comes with built-in Hi-Fi stereo speakers. These speakers are powerful enough to produce satisfactory sound in a small to medium-sized room.
If the need is large, the projector and the external speakers can be connected to fetch more powerful sound.
Supports 10+ input devices
No matter how advanced the projector is, it still requires you to connect devices at some point.
These projectors allow you to establish almost all necessary connections. To be more specific, you can connect PC, TV box, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku, Chromebook, Tablets, DVD player, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, Media players, iPad, iPhone, Xbox, Roku, and Android Smartphones.
- Does not overheat
- Has built-in speaker, external speakers can be added
- Features HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, and TF card interface
- Does not hurt the eyes
- Supports 23 to 200 inches projection
- Not noisy at all
- Can be mounted to the ceiling or placed on a tripod stand
- Works best only in a light-controlled environment
- Not suitable for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentations
5. Aaxa Technologies Rechargeable Mini Projector
Aaxa Technologies specializes in designing and manufacturing almost all kinds of projectors.
This projector manufacturer is crowned as the best mini and pico projector manufacturer.
This rechargeable mini projector is one of Aaxa’s hot selling items. Since it meets the criteria, we decided to include it in our list;
Equally suitable for indoors and outdoors
The best part of this Aaxa deal is that it is assembled using advanced technology. Therefore, the projector can work up to the user’s expectations in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Whether it is a wall, projector screen, or indoor or outdoor environment, the Aaxa rechargeable projector would never fail to impress with color, brightness, and contrast level.
Small and lightweight
The Aaxa rechargeable mini projector is ultra-small and lightweight. However, it is as powerful and bright as any other standard-sized projector.
The small size and lightweight design make the projector super handy and worthy of consideration.
When it comes to useability, this mini projector is not disappointing at all as well. It can be bought and used for almost all projection needs.
The advanced technology, small size, and lightweight design make it preferable for camping.
Read Complete Review: Aaxa P300 Projector
- Supports big screen projection
- Does not require frequent lamp replacement
- Small enough to fit in a bag or purse
- Bright enough to turn a wall into a screen
- Perfect for gaming, home theatre, and camping
- The inbuilt speaker is not that loud and powerful
6. Aaxa Mini Projector With Battery
The Aaxa projectors have built a reputation with portability, better resolution, and good image quality. Upon examining this Aaxa mini projector we have found it quite up to the mark. powerfulwhy;
Ultra-small yet powerful
I bet you have never seen such a small yet powerful projector as this Aaxa’s projector is.
It is small enough to fit in a hand and powerful enough to light up a standard-sized screen.
This Aaxa projector features 600 LED lumens. The 600 LED lumens deliver breathtaking bright and vivid pictures in a light-controlled environment.
In a not-so favourable environment, the projector projects a satisfactory image.
Powerful speakers and battery
This Aaxa deal comes with a built-in speaker and a battery. The onboard 2-watt speakers produce impressive sound.
Whereas, the built-in battery is powerful enough to project up to 90 minutes without requiring a recharge.
- Super small and compact
- Offers brightness and clarity
- Does not require lamp replacement for up to 30,000 hours
- Supports HDMI, mini VGA, and composite AV
- Perfect for camping, gaming, presentation, and a little home theatre
- A perfect deal for budget-minded people
- A bit noisy
7. RCA DVD Player and Mini Projector
This RCA’s mini projector is the most advanced on this recommendation list. It can act as a DVD player and a mini projector at the same time. Isn’t it amazing?
What’s the most promising part of this RCA projector deal is that it is a projector and a DVD player at the same time.
Therefore, in the hour of need, it can be used as a DVD player. Whether it’s DVD, VCD, DVR, or any other type of disc, the projector+DVD player can play without any hassle. Moreover, it performs the duties of a projector satisfactorily as well.
Easy to connect
This two-in-one solution is not easy to transport, store, and install but easy to connect to.
Using HDMI, AV, or VGA cable the laptop, PCs, TV box, Fire TV stick, Chrome book, and tablets can be connected. Simultaneously, the DVD, VCD, and DVR can also be easily played.
This RCA projector is not for professional purposes. However, it is advanced, bright, and vivid enough to be called a professional-grade RCA projector.
- Gives cinema-like vibes
- Does not require any external audio device
- Projector and a DVD player at the same time
- Supports Bluetooth connection
- Can play VCD, DVD, DVR
- Not noisy at all
- Neither freezes nor overheats
- Economical option
- Not an excellent DVD player
How to Find the Best Camping Projector?
To pick the most promising option, you have to pay attention to the lumens, contrast ratio, lamp life, battery life, size and weight etc.
At the time of making a purchase keep in mind that the more lumens the better. Make sure the projector should at least have 3000 lumens to fetch brighter and more vivid images.
The contrast ratio also affects the quality of a picture. If the contrast ratio is low, the result would not be satisfactory. 1500:1 is believed to be a highly suitable contrast ratio for a camping projector.
Lamp life should also not be neglected at all. The market is bombarded with projectors having 2000 to 50,000 hours of lamp life. You have to pick an option that at least offers you 30,000 hours of ease.
Since the projector is supposed to light up the screen where recharging the projector would be a hassle. Therefore to eliminate the hassle, you have to invest in a projector that has impressive battery life.
The camping projector is supposed to be stored and carried in a bag. The projector should be lightweight and small-sized. How small should it be? Small and compact enough to be stored in a bag.
Lastly, you have to pay attention to the price it is being offered on. To get an idea whether a projector is a fair price, try comparing the price with similar options.
Almost all of the above-mentioned options are equally worthy. However, if we have to pick one RCA Portable Home Theatre Entertainment System For Outdoor Activities is a highly suitable option.